UPDATE screening schedule A ROOM WITH A COCONUT VIEW
– Beyond the Canvas, Black Canvas Festival de Cine Contemporaneo, Mexico
– “S-Express Thailand”, Bali International Film Festival, Minikino Film Week, Indonesia
– 09 Sep 2019, “Shorts: On the Border”, Bertha DocHouse, Open City Documentary Film Festival, London, UK
– IFFR’s selection “Days of Future Past ll”, Into the Great Wide Open festival, Vileland, The Netherlands
– “S-Express Thailand”, SeaShorts Film Festival, Malacca, Malaysia
-“S-Express Thailand”, Wathann Film Festival, Yangon, Myanmar
Nightfall, co-directed with Anocha Suwichakornpong, will be screened in Open Door Screening section at 72 Locarno Film Festival
A Room with a Coconut View in the exhibition The Nomad Sets Off For the Desert at Display gallery, Prague/ Photo credit: We Give You GoodWe Give You Good
UPDATE screening schedule A ROOM WITH A COCONUT VIEW
– CROSSROADS 2019, JUNE 8, 1:00 PM at San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) more info click here
– 28th International Film Festival Innsbruck, Austria–29 May
– “Panorama International – Are we watching a documentary right now?”, 31st FILMFEST DRESDEN, Germany/ 12, 14 April
– “Neither Created or Destroyed- Competition Shorts”, 46th Athens International Film +Video Festival 2019, USA/ April 11
– 15th Akbank Short Film Festival, Turkey/ March 21
– “New Thai Cinema”, Harvard Film Archive, USA/ March 11
-“Taiwan-Thailand Film and Civil Society: Politics, Gender, Democratization Project”, Bopiliao historical block, Taipei/March 3
(co-directed with Anocha Suwichakornpong) will be screened at UNION DOCS Centre for documentary art, Brooklyn, NY on the 19th of May, 7:30. More info click here
A Room with a Coconut View is selected as a part of the thematic “Scroll Down to Comment Section”program Rabbit Hole, Perspectives section, at the 48th International Film Festival Rotterdam!
A Room with a Coconut View is selected as a part of Labo section, 14th Prague Short Film Festival.
24 Jan 2019 20:30 Svetozor – Small Hall
27 Jan 2019 18:00 Svetozor – Small Hall
A Room with a Coconut View is selected as a part of Thailand Now: Freedom of Speech at 31st Minimalen Short Film Festival, Norway
A Room with a Coconut View has won the Promotional Award of the International Competition from 22.Internationale Kurzfilmtage Winterthur!!
Here’s the jury statement:
” The International Jury Promotional Award goes to an original and creative talent for his unique and innovative approach, and his interrogation of both the image and its narrative construct, the filmmaker’s humorous and imaginative style examines the intersections between history, technology, time, and mise-en-scene whilst also asking the audience to consider the role of critical inquiry in contemporary art and life. The international jury are unanimous in awarding this film and excited to see future work from the filmmaker.”
– 06 OCT 2018 / Khonkaen Manifesto, Thailand
– 10,12 OCT 2018 / In Nuevos Caminos (New Pathways) section, 25th FICVALDIVA, Chile
– 7, 9 NOV 2018 / International Competition, 22nd Internationale Kurzfilmtage Winterthur, Switzerland
– 13 NOV 2018 / National Gallery of Art, Vilnius, Lithuania
– 16 NOV 2018 / Stille Post: Übersetzungsvorgänge (Golden Key nominated), 35th Kasseler Dokfest, Germany
-btw 16-20 NOV, Competencia Nuevos Lenguajes, 7th Antofacine, Chile
– 28 NOV 2018 / VIII Festival Margenes, Madrid, Spain
– 7 DEC 2018 / In Southeast Asian Competition, 29th Singapore International Film Festival
– 8-9 “DEC Meta-Narrative”, Ploimuk Short Film Festival 61, Mukdahan, Thailand
-16 DEC Kam Film Festival
A Room with a Coconut View has won the top prize from Moscow International Experimental Film Festival!
A ROOM WITH A COCONUT VIEW will be screened at 25th FICVALDIVIA, New Pathways section:
A ROOM WITH A COCONUT VIEW has won Grand Prize (Best Short Film) in R.D. Pestanji competition and also a runner-up prize for Nok Som Award by Thai PBS from the 22nd Thai Short Film and Video Festival!
A ROOM WITH A COCONUT VIEW screening schedule in September:
– 8th September – In R.D. Pestonji competition, 22nd Thai Short Film and Video Festival
– 21st, 24th September, Sąmonės amplifikacija, 11th Kaunas International Film Festival
– 22nd September – M+ Screening: Southeast Asia Moving Image Mixtape, Hong Kong
– 27th September (and 7th October) – Modes 2, 37th Vancouver International Film Festival
– 29th September – International Competition, lll Moscow International Experimental
– 29th September – International Competition, 14th 25FPS Festival Zagreb
A Room with a Coconut View won Jury Award at Arkipel Festival Jakarta!
A Room with a Coconut View will travel to Jakarta to be screened in International Competition at Arkipel Festival on the 12th and 16th August 2018. More info
Nightfall will be screened at Centre for Chinese Contemporary Art Manchester under the program called “Film Focus: Shen Xin Presents”on the 28th of June, 2018.
Read more or get the ticket from the link below
Works by Tulapop featured in Brian Curtin’s article “Queering Postnational Tendencies in Contemporary Art from Thailand” in SOUTHEAST OF NOW: Directions in Contemporary and Modern Art in Asia (NUS PRESS Singapore)
Read the article: https://muse.jhu.edu/article/673253#fig07
Nightfall (a video by Anocha Suwichakornpong and Tulapop Saenjaroen) is in the short film competition at the 17th Las Palmas Gran Canaria International Film Festival, Spain
More info about the festival: Click here
A write-up “I as an Eye” about the film by Andreea Pătru: Click here
The Return and Distinction are participating in Gwangju Asia Culture Center’s exhibition “This Moment: Thailand” For more info about the exhibition click here
After its world premiere at the 62. Internationale Kurzfilmtage Oberhausen, Anocha Suwichakornpong’s and Tulapop Saenjaroen’s Nightfall won BACC Award at the 20th Thai Short Film and Video Festival.
Moreover, Nightfall will be screened in the program “Territorial Designations” at the 33rd Kassel Dokfest in this coming November.
CREATIVE WRITINGS: COLLECTION 1 “I WANT TO BE AN ARTIST” takes part in the exhibition Role Play at Cloud. This show is curated by Mary Pansaga.
The show will run until June 16th 2015. Open daily from 11:00 am – 19:00 pm. More detail.
“People on Sunday (London 2013)” takes part in the screening program “Unorthodox Hosts” at ICA, London
“The Return” takes part in “A Brief History of Memory”, 4th Moscow International Biennale for Young Art, Moscow Museum of Modern Art. For more info http://youngart.ru/project?en&bid=25&mid=278&id=71