Squish! will have its film festival world premiere at the coming 74th Locarno Film Festival, Pardi di domani: Concorso internazionale section!
New commission work ‘Notes from the Periphery’ will be premiered at andfestival.org.uk/live on Friday 18 June, alongside Saenjaroen’s previous shorts ‘People on Sunday’ (2020) and ‘A Room With a Coconut View’ (2018). All three films will be available to view until Sunday 11 July 2021.
“People on Sunday” will be screened in the EXPEDITION section at 18th Vienna Shorts Film Festival, Austria
“The Return” (2008) will be part of Dialogues with the Unseen: Short Films from Southeast Asia at Museum of the Moving Image, NYC. April 30–October 3 – Video Screening Amphitheater
A Room with a Coconut View will be part of Tai-Thai Boba Milktea Wave Wave exhibition at Taipei Digital Art Center
People on Sunday is nominated for Best Short Film at the 29th Bangkok Critics Assembly
A newly commissioned piece by Asian Film Archive, Squish!, is now in the exhibition STATE OF MOTION [ALTERNATE/OPT] REALITIES at Marina One, Singapore
More info: https://stateofmotion.sg/#exhibition
A Room with a Coconut View will be part of [Film Series] Turf Wars: The Tropics and Cinema in Southeast Asia by NUS Museum, Singapore
more info: https://turfwars.squarespace.com
People on Sunday has just won a special mention award at the 24th Thai short film and video Festival
People on Sunday is in the R.D. Pestonji Competition (National Competition) at the 24th Thai Short Film and Video Festival, Thai Film Archive, Thailand
People on Sunday will take part in Southeast Asian Competition at the coming 31st Singapore International Film Festival
People on Sunday is steaming at ART REVIEW: Art Lovers Movie Club until the 30th of October:
People on Sunday is selected to be in International Competition at the coming 39th Uppsala Short Film Festival, Sweden link
People on Sunday will be screened at 34th Image Forum Film Festival Tokyo 9/28 21:15 and 9/30 13:15
- Locarno Short Weeks
- “The Structure We Resist”, Asian Film Archive, Oldham Theater, Singapore https://www.asianfilmarchive.org/event-calendar/short-film-programme-the-structures-we-resist/
– 4PM l 26 NOV l “Focus Asia” Festival internazionale Segni della Notte – Urbino, Cinema Ducale, Italy
– 1PM l 30 NOV l “International Short Showcase” at .giff festival of new cinema, Philippines
– 4PM l 01 DEC l “Products” program at ArtScience Museum Singapore
– 8:30PM l 10 DEC l “Quatre courts metrages res sonores” programmed by Philippe Ciompi at Spoutnik Cinema, Geneva, Switzerland
– “SEA Panorama”, Salamindanaw Asian Film Festival Philippines
Opening time: 10:00-20:00
Here’s the jury statement:
” The International Jury Promotional Award goes to an original and creative talent for his unique and innovative approach, and his interrogation of both the image and its narrative construct, the filmmaker’s humorous and imaginative style examines the intersections between history, technology, time, and mise-en-scene whilst also asking the audience to consider the role of critical inquiry in contemporary art and life. The international jury are unanimous in awarding this film and excited to see future work from the filmmaker.”
– 10,12 OCT 2018 / In Nuevos Caminos (New Pathways) section, 25th FICVALDIVA, Chile
– 7, 9 NOV 2018 / International Competition, 22nd Internationale Kurzfilmtage Winterthur, Switzerland
– 16 NOV 2018 / Stille Post: Übersetzungsvorgänge (Golden Key nominated), 35th Kasseler Dokfest, Germany
-btw 16-20 NOV, Competencia Nuevos Lenguajes, 7th Antofacine, Chile
– 28 NOV 2018 / VIII Festival Margenes, Madrid, Spain
– 7 DEC 2018 / In Southeast Asian Competition, 29th Singapore International Film Festival
– 8-9 “DEC Meta-Narrative”, Ploimuk Short Film Festival 61, Mukdahan, Thailand
-16 DEC Kam Film Festival
– 21st, 24th September, Sąmonės amplifikacija, 11th Kaunas International Film Festival
– 22nd September – M+ Screening: Southeast Asia Moving Image Mixtape, Hong Kong
– 27th September (and 7th October) – Modes 2, 37th Vancouver International Film Festival
– 29th September – International Competition, lll Moscow International Experimental
– 29th September – International Competition, 14th 25FPS Festival Zagreb
Nightfall will be screened at Centre for Chinese Contemporary Art Manchester under the program called “Film Focus: Shen Xin Presents”on the 28th of June, 2018.
Read more or get the ticket from the link below
Works by Tulapop featured in Brian Curtin’s article “Queering Postnational Tendencies in Contemporary Art from Thailand” in SOUTHEAST OF NOW: Directions in Contemporary and Modern Art in Asia (NUS PRESS Singapore)
Read the article: https://muse.jhu.edu/article/673253#fig07
Nightfall (a video by Anocha Suwichakornpong and Tulapop Saenjaroen) is in the short film competition at the 17th Las Palmas Gran Canaria International Film Festival, Spain
More info about the festival: Click here
A write-up “I as an Eye” about the film by Andreea Pătru: Click here
The Return and Distinction are participating in Gwangju Asia Culture Center’s exhibition “This Moment: Thailand” For more info about the exhibition click here
After its world premiere at the 62. Internationale Kurzfilmtage Oberhausen, Anocha Suwichakornpong’s and Tulapop Saenjaroen’s Nightfall won BACC Award at the 20th Thai Short Film and Video Festival.
Moreover, Nightfall will be screened in the program “Territorial Designations” at the 33rd Kassel Dokfest in this coming November.
CREATIVE WRITINGS: COLLECTION 1 “I WANT TO BE AN ARTIST” takes part in the exhibition Role Play at Cloud. This show is curated by Mary Pansaga.
The show will run until June 16th 2015. Open daily from 11:00 am – 19:00 pm. More detail.
“People on Sunday (London 2013)” takes part in the screening program “Unorthodox Hosts” at ICA, London
“The Return” takes part in “A Brief History of Memory”, 4th Moscow International Biennale for Young Art, Moscow Museum of Modern Art. For more info http://youngart.ru/project?en&bid=25&mid=278&id=71