Here’s the jury statement:
” The International Jury Promotional Award goes to an original and creative talent for his unique and innovative approach, and his interrogation of both the image and its narrative construct, the filmmaker’s humorous and imaginative style examines the intersections between history, technology, time, and mise-en-scene whilst also asking the audience to consider the role of critical inquiry in contemporary art and life. The international jury are unanimous in awarding this film and excited to see future work from the filmmaker.”
– 10,12 OCT 2018 / In Nuevos Caminos (New Pathways) section, 25th FICVALDIVA, Chile
– 7, 9 NOV 2018 / International Competition, 22nd Internationale Kurzfilmtage Winterthur, Switzerland
– 16 NOV 2018 / Stille Post: Übersetzungsvorgänge (Golden Key nominated), 35th Kasseler Dokfest, Germany
-btw 16-20 NOV, Competencia Nuevos Lenguajes, 7th Antofacine, Chile
– 28 NOV 2018 / VIII Festival Margenes, Madrid, Spain
– 7 DEC 2018 / In Southeast Asian Competition, 29th Singapore International Film Festival
– 21st, 24th September, Sąmonės amplifikacija, 11th Kaunas International Film Festival
– 22nd September – M+ Screening: Southeast Asia Moving Image Mixtape, Hong Kong
– 27th September (and 7th October) – Modes 2, 37th Vancouver International Film Festival
– 29th September – International Competition, lll Moscow International Experimental
– 29th September – International Competition, 14th 25FPS Festival Zagreb
Nightfall will be screened at Centre for Chinese Contemporary Art Manchester under the program called “Film Focus: Shen Xin Presents”on the 28th of June, 2018.
Read more or get the ticket from the link below
Works by Tulapop featured in Brian Curtin’s article “Queering Postnational Tendencies in Contemporary Art from Thailand” in SOUTHEAST OF NOW: Directions in Contemporary and Modern Art in Asia (NUS PRESS Singapore)
Read the article: https://muse.jhu.edu/article/673253#fig07
Nightfall (a video by Anocha Suwichakornpong and Tulapop Saenjaroen) is in the short film competition at the 17th Las Palmas Gran Canaria International Film Festival, Spain
More info about the festival: Click here
A write-up “I as an Eye” about the film by Andreea Pătru: Click here
The Return and Distinction are participating in Gwangju Asia Culture Center’s exhibition “This Moment: Thailand” For more info about the exhibition click here
After its world premiere at the 62. Internationale Kurzfilmtage Oberhausen, Anocha Suwichakornpong’s and Tulapop Saenjaroen’s Nightfall won BACC Award at the 20th Thai Short Film and Video Festival.
Moreover, Nightfall will be screened in the program “Territorial Designations” at the 33rd Kassel Dokfest in this coming November.
CREATIVE WRITINGS: COLLECTION 1 “I WANT TO BE AN ARTIST” takes part in the exhibition Role Play at Cloud. This show is curated by Mary Pansaga.
The show will run until June 16th 2015. Open daily from 11:00 am – 19:00 pm. More detail.
“People on Sunday” takes part in the screening program “Unorthodox Hosts” at ICA, London
“The Return” takes part in “A Brief History of Memory”, 4th Moscow International Biennale for Young Art, Moscow Museum of Modern Art. For more info http://youngart.ru/project?en&bid=25&mid=278&id=71